Saturday 24 March 2018

Rescuing a Little Tabby on a Snowy Day

It's been a very cold winter in England this year so when I got a call to say that a little stray was wondering about the area I was only to happy to help out.  The little tabby was a stranger in the area and the locals made inquiries but nobody came forward to claim her.  The local who was feeding her could not keep her permanently but she gave the little cat shelter until I could collect.  

Mostly new cats can be nervous and unsure of their surroundings so they find a hiding place until they know it's safe.  However this was not the case with this little tabby girl. She made herself right at home in my bedroom climbing the different furniture and finding the most comfortable place for naps mainly my pillow.  

Hildy my other foster cat was kept separated from the new cat so I could introduce them slowly and therefor minimise tensions and fights between the two.  Hildy can be grumpy anyway so a new cat in her territory would have to be handled carefully.

A week into the fostering all was going well.  I kept periods the two cats were together short and strictly supervised.  As soon as hissing and growling started I would separate them again.  

I decided to call the new cat Enid, an old fashioned name that seemed to suit her.

Two weeks into fostering and both cats seem mostly at ease with each other.  They are not close friends but tolerate each other from a distance occasionally chasing each other round the house.  

I did a video of Enid's first few days which is available on my youtube channel.  

Visit Cat Buddy youtube channel  where you can find out more about the cats we've rescued. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment